In order to keep on top of the never-ending stream of mending I have set myself the rule that I have to do any outstanding mending before I work on my sewing projects.
Today there was mending to be done.
This is The Duke’s backpack that he takes to work. The stitching had ripped where the shoulder strap is attached so I restitched it. Nothing fancy but it works.
Next, a patch on a pair of trousers (inside view).
Here is the end result. You can see they are his best gear! The patch on the left is the new one. Not sure how much longer these will last.
Then it was on to the socks. I think I did 4 altogether. This shows the mended toe. You can’t even call it darning. I just use the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine. Once again, not pretty but effective.
I then went on and finished altering the waistband of a skirt before finally doing some sewing on a summer top for myself. It is just as well that summer is 6 months away at the rate I am going.
I also did some more knitting on my dishcloths. I have now finished my third one and am about halfway through the fourth.
This evening we have finalised the itinerary for the touring part of our US holiday and started booking accommodation. The planning is lots of fun so I can barely begin to imagine how good it will be when we actually get there. It is now less than 4 months till we leave.