I have not written much lately about my decluttering efforts but that does not mean that it isn’t happening.
Today we finally got around to collating the documents we needed to have our tax returns done. The Duke scanned these and emailed them to the accountant. On thing led to another and I ended up cleaning out the filing cabinet as well as sorting and tidying the shelves in the cupboard.
We have one completely empty drawer in our 4 drawer filing cabinet and the others are sorted and tidied up.
It is difficult to see but you will have to believe me when I say that we got rid of quite a bit of stuff. All of the paper has been recycled. Some went in the recycle bin but most was torn into strips and added to the the leaf litter in the new raised garden bed. We topped it with a layer of mulch and watered it in well. This will break down over time.
Things that have gone include:
Tax returns more than 5 years old
Bank statements more than five years old
A huge pile of scrap A4 paper from my old job for which I will never have a need
Old mobile phones
Old phone and computer cables
Old ‘things’ that add no value to our lives
Warranties and instructions for appliances we no longer own
Information relating to previous jobs
Etc, etc, etc…………………….
Paper is one of the most difficult types of clutter to keep under control so it requires constant work to win the battle. There will be more to do but I feel that we have made some real progress today.