The recurring theme of these posts lately seems to be how little I have done. This week has been no exception to that pattern.
This photo of my ironing board covered in fabric tells this week’s story. I decided to take a break from dressmaking and make a start on a cover for my KitchenAid mixer which lives on the bench in the corner of my kitchen. I bought this fabric a few months ago. It is off-white with black silhouettes of kitchen utensils which seemed perfect to use for this project. I washed and ironed the fabric this morning and found various pieces of calico for the lining. I intend to use some bamboo batting to pad it and machine quilt the pieces before assembling the cover. I have cut out the calico pieces.
The mauve and blue floral top which I started last week has come to a grinding halt as I need to buy some fabric to line the front yoke and cut a facing for the back neckline. It is not feasible to use the same fabric because the pattern will show through. I thought I could use some plain white lawn but it shows through a too bright, if that makes sense. I tested for a suitable colour by placing a pale grey t-shirt behind the fabric and that colour works perfectly so I will buy some silver/grey lawn fabric this week and hopefully will get back to that top before next Sunday comes around.