Today we did not need to go anywhere so The Duke and I spent the day working on various projects around the house.
I mended a pair of The Duke’s jeans which were starting to look a bit threadbare but he had declared that they would be OK for working around the yard.
I used some double-sided iron-on backing which is normally used for applique work.
I ironed a piece of this to the wrong side of the jeans where they were very worn and then added a piece of strong, black cotton fabric.
Using a zig-zag stitch I overstitched the torn areas and around the entire patch. Here it is from the wrong side.
And the final view from the right side. Very classy for wearing at home!
I also reassembled the newly-painted chest of drawers and mirror and here they are in the corner of the sewing room.
I lined the drawers with some used gift-wrapping paper and have sorted out some more fabric which will be stored in them. I am gradually making progress with the sewing room decluttering.
hehe – the stains on the Duke’s jeans looks just like the stain on one of Ken’s yard jeans!! Well done on the drawers – they look really good!