The last week I have been working on some creative projects. They are mostly sewing but not exclusively so.
Last week I mentioned the stands I have for making balloon topiary trees. I recovered these for use at my mother’s 80th birthday celebration last weekend.
Meanwhile, I finally made a top from fabric that I had bought over 2 years ago.
It is quite plain and here is the back view with buttons. I devised the pattern by modifying an existing one for a front-opening shirt with a collar. I made a prototype in calico to check my design before cutting into my expensive embroidered linen fabric.
Then there is the ever-present mending!
Yesterday I darned small hole in one of The Duke’s woollen sweaters.
Finally, I patched both pairs of The Duke’s trousers that he wears when painting/gardening and working around the house. I used some double-sided iron-on interfacing to fuse the patch to the wrong side of the fabric. The interfacing is some that is left from my applique supplies.