I have been making good progress on several fronts here.
Yesterday I spent the day sewing so have something to show for it. I started by drafting a pattern using an existing purchased skirt. I had some fabric that had been given to me and this is what I created. I have yet to do the hem and the handstitching inside the waistband but you get the general idea. I am not entirely happy with the fit over the hips and also the side pockets are not sitting perfectly but that will improved on in the next attempt.
I will still be happy to wear this as the shirt I am going to make will cover the less than perfect area. This is going to be the top (also gifted fabric). The colour match of the yellow flowers with the top is much better than the photograph would lead you to believe.
This is some that I had been carrying around in my bag for a couple of weeks. Today I actioned most of it – emails sent, phone calls made and most of it now shredded. There is still a little to go back in the filing cabinet.
This pile is on the small table in the guest room. It is mostly from our USA trip from over 2 months ago so my goal is to get it sorted out this weekend. I have finally culled and sorted they photographs from our trip which has been quite a big job.
Tomorrow we are having lunch with friends and are looking forward to sharing the photos from our trip with them.
Have a relaxing weekend wherever you are.