I have been busy with my sewing today and wanted to show you what I have done.
This morning I started on the blouse which I cut out earlier in the week. I was on target to have it completely finished today, however, the sewing machine decided to misbehave. The automatic buttonhole function is not working, I do not know what the problem is and have tried all of the usual trouble-shooting ideas – re-thread the machine, reset the buttonhole settings, clean the bobbin case etc but all to no avail. I will have to ring the sewing machine shop tomorrow.
In the meantime, here is a sneak preview of the blouse. It is all done except for the buttons and buttonholes.
This bag belongs to my daughter and it previously had rope handles which were knotted on the inside. The holes were finished with large eyelets, however, one of the eyelets had pulled away from the fabric. In order to repair the bag I removed all of the eyelets and made new handles.
I used some scraps of chocolate brown fabric which was lurking in my stash. I had to join a couple of pieces together to get enough length for the handles. The straps are double-stitched to allow for heavy weights that may be carried in the bag. You can still see the eyelets holes on the inside but all in all it is a functional bag again. It is great to be able to give items a new lease of life.