Today I defrosted the small freezer. Since it is only the size of a bar fridge we take it out on the verandah and let the ice thaw without any added assistance. I pack all of the contents into the camp fridge and set it to ‘freeze’ so there is no problem with anything defrosting. The freezer lives in the office so I took the opportunity to give the room a good clean.
Here is what I did:
- Cleared the desk of some random papers
- Sent some emails which related to the paperwork which was then discarded
- Threw out a pen which no longer works
- Wiped down the bookshelves and desk
- Clean mould off door and architraves
- Cleaned the windows
- Washed the flyscreen
- Removed the light fitting and washed out the residue of bugs
- Wiped lemon oil around the cornices and corners to deter the spiders
- Wiped down all of the computer items
- Vacuumed the keyboard
- Cleaned power points and light switches
- Vacuumed and washed the floor
While I try to keep the house in reasonable order most of the time, I do find it good to give one room a good clean from top to bottom.
How do you clean? One room completely or do you tackle all of the vacuuming or perhaps clean every light switch in the house?
We just bought one of those small freezers to put in our office. I like to deep clean one room at a time as well. I use eucalyptus oil for spiders.
The freezer is the right size for 2 of us when combined with the freezer part of the refrigerator.
Deep cleaning is a great description. I really enjoy knowing that a room is completely done.