I am pleased to report that I have actually finished something. Remember this trial from a couple of weeks ago?
Well, I went and bought the silver/grey lawn to line the front yoke. It cost me the princely sum of $1.80. I then made the top with one slight alteration from the original pattern. I made the front 8cm narrower as I felt there was too much fullness in it for my liking.
It was simple and easy to make and has no fastenings of any kind. I am really pleased with the look of the finished garment and am looking forward to wearing it. It is easy to forget that this was only ever a prototype so it is an added bonus that I get a pretty top to wear as well.
Buoyed by the success of my trial I was ready to cut out the next top. Here are the pieces cut out and ready to sew.
As with the first top, I need to buy some lawn for the lining of the yoke and the back neck facing so that is on my ‘to do’ list for this week. I would normally use the same fabric for the lining and facing, however, in both of these instances the fabric is so fine that the pattern from the lining pieces could show through and disrupt the look of the finished garment.