The black lawn to line the yoke of the blouse has been bought, cut out and pinned to the yoke pieces. That is where the sewing stopped for this week. A birthday celebration and houseguests, including grandchildren put paid to any more sewing.
However, there has been some activity in the sewing room.
I found a use for this set of mini-drawers which came from my mother. They are now on my sewing table and contain various small sewing items.
Next, I repositioned this chest of drawers to sit under the table. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that before. I previously had to move them, and they are very heavy, every time we needed to pull the trundle bed out.
Finally, I did do some fabric work this afternoon, although it was not strictly sewing. I started cutting some old t-shirts that i got on Freecycle into strips. My plan is to make a plaited floor rug like this.
I have plaited this piece which is about 8 metres in length, so far. I will need quite a bit more before I have enough so keep watching for the finished article.
The stash has grown rather than shrunk this week as I was given some fabric by a work colleague. More about that another time.