Well the desk is all assembled but not without a hiccup or two.
This morning we opened the box containing the hutch and it was the wrong colour!! Yes, we had managed to pick up the wrong one. So, it was off to IKEA again which really threw our plans for the day into disarray.
The traffic was a nightmare on our way home but we finally made it back and set about assembling the hutch.
Here is the final item all completed and in position. It is shorter and narrower than the old table so creates a bit more space in the room. I have been able to conceal almost all of the cables behind the desk which is much neater than before.
I moved the pictures that were above the old desk to the other side of the room now that the second bookcase has gone.
Now I need to find a suitable chair to place in the corner to create a comfortable reading nook.
I am really pleased with how this room has been altered and redefined. I have some plans for minor alterations to a couple of other rooms in the future. No doubt, I will post about those when they happen but please don’t hold your breath.
At least it sounds as though the desk was reasonably easy to assemble. Ours was a nightmare. Should have gone to Ikea!
Reasonably easy sounds like a fair description. It took time but like all IKEA stuff that we have done it was perfectly aligned. Not so with some other flat-pack furniture. 😦
I love the companion desk and chair.
Thank you. Our younger daughter decorated the desk in Year 8 as part of their art curriculum and the chair was 2nd prize in a class raffle that they did to raise funds for a class camp.