Tonight I pulled out some fabric which I have set aside for patchwork. In one of my previous fits of organising, I decided to precut some 5 inch squares. These are stored in bags and are sorted by colour. Any pieces of fabric which are destined to be patchwork squares are also in the bags. You can see them here on the third shelf.
I am going to make a baby quilt for one of my work colleagues who is due in a couple of months. Since she knows she is having a girl, I decided to use some of the pink fabric along with a bit of purple and green.
These are some of the squares already cut.
Some of the other fabric waiting to be cut up.
The pattern I will using is called Disappearing 9 patch. It is simple yet effective in my opinion. You can read about it in more detail here.
I am inspired to get started on it seriously and hope to do so on the weekend. My sewing machine has been serviced and I picked it up this afternoon so now there is nothing holding me back.