In between other domestic chores I managed to do a few things from my pile of mending. Nothing was too difficult but it is just a matter of making time to do it.
I let the hem down on Izz’s dressing gown and also added ribbing cuffs to the sleeves to gain a little extra length. This will now last her until the end the winter. I made the gown for Miss O and they have both worn it.
I also added ribbing band to the sleeves and body of Izz’s pyjama top. The t-shirt fabric which I had bought from Spotlight had stretched a ridiculous amount so the bands will make it wearable again.
Then for something completely different I darned a hole in a woollen pullover that belongs to The Duke. It is only worn around the house since it was eaten by moths a couple of years ago. Now, I use it for darning practice and The Duke continues to wear it.
I redid some stitching that had come undone on 2 purchased tops of mine and then finished shortening the sleeves on a jacket I bought at the beginning of the year
I think there are still a few more things to be mended lurking under the piles on my sewing table but I am gradually making progress.
While on the sewing theme I wanted to show you the pinafores I made for Miss O and Izz. Here they are being worn. I am very pleased with how they turned out.