It is nearly 3 years since I wrote this post about extending the use of a pair of 3/4 trousers by making them into shorts. That project worked extraordinarily well as I still have the shorts and wear them almost every weekend during the summer. They are lightweight and comfortable and great for gardening and generally hanging about at home. Imagine my despair a few days ago when I realised that the zip had broken.
I decided that I had nothing to lose as they were no use with a broken zip so I set to work. In my opinion, there is only one thing more challenging than putting in a zip and that is replacing one because when putting a zip in a new garment it is inserted near the beginning of the construction rather than at the end. Due to the purpose of the shorts, I was not too worried about the finished look.