As I mentioned in my last post, the ironing board cover really needed replacing so I made that project a priority for today.
I do not have a ‘before’ photo but I can assure you that it was ripped in a couple of places, very thin and badly stained.
Here is the new version which I made from a sheet which was no longer being used. The fabric is strong cotton that I bough and used to make a fitted sheet several years ago. I cut two layers for extra strength. The inside layer is cotton/bamboo batting.
The straps, velcro and binding around the edge were all salvaged and re-used from the previous version.
There are a couple of old layers from previous purchased covers which are under the new cover. It is firm but well-padded so a great surface for ironing.
I use 2 straps underneath the board to hold it firmly in place. You can see one of them here.
With a new iron and fresh cover for the board I am ready to do the ironing. Like most tasks, it is made easier with the right equipment.