I feel as though I could open my own repair cafe at the moment.
Yesterday I repaired the cover for my iPhone rather than buying a new one. I have a tiny tube of supa-glue and I managed to re-attach the plastic case to the cover and also re-join the split along one side of the plastic case. I did such a good job that it is not really visible in these photos. Unfortunately, I did not get any ‘before’ photos as the battery for my camera was flat and I had to recharge it.
Tonight I did the second step of the repair when I replaced the small magnet which actually secures the closure on the case. I had lost the original one some time ago so it did not actually fasten. The replacement magnet was salvaged from the cover of a little notebook. The notebook had become detached from the cover and my grand-daughter was ready to toss the cardboard cover so I retrieved the magnet before she did so.
While I had the supa-glue out, I also repaired a Christmas ornament which had a mishap when being hung on the tree.
The antler and the oar back in place.
Finally, this is a dress which belongs to my grand-daughter. It is strapless but not really practical for a 9 year old. It needs some shoulder straps and I have found some black fabric which I will use. I will do the sewing on the weekend during daylight hours as I find it too difficult to sew with black fabric and thread at night.
Good repairs! I find that when I’m on a roll I can get quite a few things mended. But when I’m not on a roll the mending pile just builds up…
I don’t have a lot of mending here with just the 2 of us but I try to keep it under control. I make myself do any mending before I start sewing or crafting so that is an incentive to get it done. 🙂