We have lived in this house for almost 15 years. There is plenty of space in the lockup workshop as well as the open space under the house. Off and on over a number of years we have debated the value of a small, freestanding shed for extra storage space.
Since we have some long-term plans for part of the workshop, we decided to bite the bullet about 3 months ago. As with everything during COVID19 there was a delay before it was commenced.
Towards the end of August the slab was laid.
A few days later the shed was assembled and completed. We were about to head off on holidays for 3 weeks so there was no further action for a while.
Once we returned we transferred some of the equipment to be stored in the shed.
The ride-on mower needs a ramp to be able to safely manoeuvre it into the shed. So, we built a ramp.
There are still a couple of finishing touches to do – compacting the pavers and sweeping some fine sand into the joints.
Great job. We’ve just purchased a shed as well for the same purpose. Hubby will start on that project after he finishes the deck along the side of the house.