I don’t usually get much sewing done during the week and it took until this afternoon before I did any. I was determined to achieve something as part of this challenge so here it is.
I have made a start on a polo shirt for The Duke. I bought the fabric about 14 years ago for this project and it never got made. I have made the tab front, stitched the shoulder seams and done one sleeve and side/underarm seam. I had not done a tab front for well over 10 years, but like riding a bike, you never forget.
With striped fabric it is important to match the stripes. You can see the matching on the tab front in the picture above and the side seam in the following picture. It is impossible to match the stripes with a set-in sleeve due to the shaping.
Next week I hope to show you the completed polo shirt and what I am doing next. It feels good to know that I am using up materials that have been hanging around for years.