There are days when even I must admit defeat and today is one of them.
I have written before about a pair of shorts which I have modified and mended over a period of close to 30 years. You can read a bit more detail here.
Yesterday was the death knell for this much-loved garment. GMan and I went to the dump with a load of garden waste for a friend and I managed one final rip to my gardening shorts and I have to confess that they are now simply beyond any type of further repair.
If you are in any doubt here are some final photos before they go in the bin.
Back view, including the final rip.
The inside showing multiple patches.
There is one more thing to do though. There is a perfectly good zip and button which can be salvaged.