Yesterday I finally picked up my sewing machine from having it serviced, so today I decided to spend some time sewing. Some of it has been quite challenging, a pleated skirt which is now too big for me. I have completely disassembled it and am in the process of re-making the skirt but in the meantime it was good to start and finish a couple of simple projects.
First was a pair of boxer shorts for summer pyjamas for me. These were from some material kindly given to me by a friend.
I did some mending, too. This pair of shorts is about 12 years old and I wear them when painting or gardening. The fabric is in good condition but the elastic had given way so I unpicked the waist and old elastic, replacing it with 2 rows of new 6mm elastic.
I will keep you updated on the progress of the skirt.
In the meantime, don’t forget to comment on this post and follow my blog for a chance to go in the draw for the mystery giveaway.