Even though we have been home for 3 weeks since our holiday the legacy lives on.
We returned fresh and invigorated with lots of ideas and plans.
I don’t know about contempt from the phrase, “Familiarity breeds contempt” but I do know that being away from your normal environment allows you to consider things with fresh eyes. We had time to really ponder and discuss all sorts of possibilities including what we want to do in the garden, future holiday plans and retirement activities as well as some of the smaller things we hope to achieve around the house before the end of the year.
There seemed to be so many times in conversation that GMan would comment, “We need to do/get/make……….” that I would simply respond with, “Add it to the list”. Although we did not have a physical list, we certainly remembered plenty of things and have actioned several since we have been home.
- 3 new chickens bought
- Clear at least one vegetable garden and plant seedlings
- Empty compost from compost tumbler
- Ordered and installed a new modem for the computer
- Taken the computer to be repaired/replaced
- Painted the outdoor table (a work in progress)
- Repaired the washing basket
- Taken a bag of bits and pieces to the op shop
I know there have been others but this gives you an idea.
Then there are others which are earmarked to be done this week.
- Gather tax info to send to tax agent
- Buy a new DVD player – DONE today
- Buy a new batter charger – DONE today
- Remove dead shrub from front garden – DONE today
- Advertise some furniture which is no longer required
- Follow up on a rejected refund claim
- Contact electricity provider re solar refund
By planning very specific small projects/goals it is very satisfying to work through the list.
I wrote this post last night and today we managed to cross 3 more items off the list. I am sure there will be more to add by tomorrow.