Tonight I had a quick rummage in my stash and found a couple of offcuts of silver panne velvet. This was perfect for my latest project. I wanted to make some little presentation pouches for the pieces of upcycled jewellery which I have for Christmas gifts.
It did not take much fabric or time to make these up.
Packing the contents.
All done and ready for giving.
Rather than trying to create drawstrings, I decided to anchor the ribbon tie with a few stitches on one side of the pouch and then simply gather it up and tie.
The satin ribbons came from my collection. The black and cream ties are bits salvaged from when I cut them off the shoulder seams of purchased tops.