For those of you who think this post is going to be about me with a new hairstyle or looking particularly glamorous, you are going to be disappointed.
GMan and I spent a good portion of yesterday and today (Mothers Day) working on a garden project.
Here are some before shots.
Then we planted some shrubs.
Easter 2018 – GMan and my brother dug 6 holes and put in 3 posts.
GMan and I then finished the remaining posts but then there was no more progress during April as we were busy socialising and celebrating.
Part of the grand plan for this space was to remove a portion of the lawn and plant some low to medium height native shrubs. We had already planted a few in January and will add some more soon.
GMan dug up all of the lawn in squares then we covered the area with cardboard which we had been collecting for some time. It makes a great weed suppressant and breaks down over time. Finally, we covered the area with mulch which had been languishing in a pile below the chicken run. This mulch resulted from some tress we had lopped ages ago.
I did not take any photos during the process as I was busy loading cut turf into the wheelbarrow and relaying it elsewhere.
We did not have to move the turf too far as we have relaid beside the path just inside the gate. It is a bit uneven in places but is an improvement on the state of this space previously.
There is more to do yet – we will complete the portico and plant flowering creepers to cover it, plant some more shrubs and build a gabion seat in near the corner of the mulched area.
Like every area of our garden this corner is a work in progress and will develop over time.