Here we are back at Sunday evening again so it is time to share what sewing I have done this week.
Firstly, this is what I have finished.
A pair of bloomers as part of summer pyjamas – Size 4.
A pair of boxer shorts for pyjamas for me.
I have been working on my next skirt. I can’t do anymore until I get the zip. Then it will just be the facing and hem that need to be handstitched.
I mentioned in this post that I had discovered that the polo shirt I was making for The Duke was too big so I would have to recut it. I tried that today but unfortunately it was not successful as even when I got the width of the body right, I was not happy with the shape of the armhole and sleeves. I decided to cut my losses and that is going to the op shop in the hope that someone else is the right shape for it. In the interests of my sanity, the pattern is going as well. If it did not work this time it will not be any better in the future.
My next foray was more successful. This is a piece of fabric I bought about 6 weeks ago so it is not strictly part of my stash but if I don’t make it up soon it will end up being added to the pile. I bought it to make a top for myself. It is a knit fabric but not super stretchy. I found a basic pattern to use in the pattern-making book. and here is the result so far.The original pattern had a round neckline but I prefer a vee. I have done the basic construction and now need to finish the neckline and hems on the sleeves and lower edge.
All in all, I am pretty pleased with the results of my sewing for this week. I wish I had more time to sew as have so many things planned and I am just itching to get started.