For several weeks I have felt as though we have been juggling various aspects of our house sale and relocation without making much progress on anything.
That is not entirely true but now everything is beginning to fall into place. I mentioned last week that we have an unconditional contract for the sale of our current home.
We have also made an offer, which has been accepted, to purchase a property in Maldon, Victoria. The contract should be signed within the next couple of days. This will give us a firm date for when we can move into our new home.
Meanwhile, we have done lots of jobs – large and small.
- Packed more boxes
- Held a garage sale
- Bought a tarpaulin to cover the items we will be transporting in the ute
- Booked a pre-travel service for the ute
- Bought a lock mechanism for the toolbox
- Researched a hands-free phone holder for the ute (no bluetooth)
- Finalised our accommodation arrangements for the remainder of our time in Queensland
- Planned our road trip from here to Victoria.
Even though the majority of our focus is on the house sale, purchase and relocation, we have still found time to enjoy some recreation. Tomorrow evening we are going to enjoy some live theatre as we attend a production of David Williamson’s play, Family Values. I am really looking forward to that.