Last week my younger granddaughter was wearing a dress that was just about too short for her so I offered to alter it by adding a frill to the bottom of the dress.
I foolishly thought that it would a relatively simple matter to buy a small piece of plain green poly cotton fabric to match. I went to Spotlight and none of the dozens of plain green fabrics were even close to the colour I needed. So, I ended up choosing a piece of Christmas fabric to do something a bit different.
I set to work with this piece which cost me $5. I added a deep contrasting frill and then used the remainder to make some bias binding to trim the existing frill at the top. I also changed the shoulder straps.
Here is the result.
The Christmas fabric means that the dress will have limited opportunities to be worn, however, it is still better than the original which really too short.
Izzy is excited at the prospect of a ‘new’ dress to wear for her Christmas concert on Friday. It will probably also be worn a few more times in the next couple of weeks.